Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Old Sac Field Trip Photos

On Monday the 24th, we went to Old Sac to take pictures. I liked it, and was able to take some good pictures but the weather was kind of against me the whole time. I kept having to change so many things to have a good enough exposure, such as the ISO, the shutter speed, and the f-stops. It was a bit frustrating because I had to stay put and take so many photos for just one subject, and it was worse when the lighting changed quickly. Sometimes I had to go live to see better. But at the same time I'm thankful because it helped me understand how a camera works, especially what ISO is and how it works, because that was the one thing I had not understood until now. I rarely used the 0 mark on the meter scale, since it would almost always be a bit off, so I had to swing it. I am a bit sad that some photos did not come out as good as I wanted them, like the exposure was a bit too high on some or a bit too low on others. That's one thing I would have done different, I would have examined my pictures more carefully. The assignments I chose were Rule of Thirds and Symmetry. I It did help me stay a bit focused and  got a couple of those but most of the time I winged it. I was just exploring the different point of views I could get. I can make plans but I hardly stick with them; they're more like guidelines for me. So yeah, I did have some sort of plan, or guideline, when I first arrived there.
So these are all the pictures I really liked.

 






















 







So these self-portraits I took after being left behind are kind of my priced pictures because I was able to remake a self-portrait that Vivian Meyer took. 













1 comment:

  1. Sam! AWESOME! I couldn't wait to read your post! You perfectly described your field trip and I of course appreciate your honesty regarding your setting struggles. And you are right, you learn best when you struggle, it certainly helps you understand the parts! PROUD of you!

    ReplyDelete