Friday, March 10, 2017

Going Manual: Black and White

 For today, I went manual. I had to first learn about ISO, F-Stops, Shutter Speeds and how they all fit together to make an image. We went with black and white to make it more artistic. 

While taking the pictures, I found that even though I had the meter at 0 with the aperture at the biggest (F-Stop at 4.5), the picture came out a bit too bright (I prefer a darker black and white). So I went to the negative side of the meter. To do so, I had to speed up the shutter speed. I also found that at times, even at the fastest speed, the picture came out too bright for my taste. So I had to make the aperture smaller by making the F-Stop a bit higher, around 5.
I also found that the car images came out a bit... bleh, so I added the plants. Not the best images but I made do with what I had >.<
.

3 comments:

  1. Sam....that the BEST explanation that I have seen for this assignment! Love how you shared your trouble shooting...so AWESOME! I am impressed!!!! And proud!

    ReplyDelete